The United States of America is a land of great beauty and diversity. This diversity is found not only in the various cultures and peoples but also in the environments of the 50 states. The states that make America unique vary by geographic features and have vast differences in native plant and animal species as well as climate and terrain. In Colorado, you will find the rugged Rocky Mountains and snow-capped peaks to be awe inspiring. In Hawaii, you will encounter an ancient volcano and a string of tropical islands in the blue waters of the Pacific Ocean. You might visit the desert in the Western states and marvel at one of the natural wonders of the world: the grand canyon. If it's history that you're seeking, then look no father than the northeast and New England where this country first got it's start.
The United States is truly unique in that diversity exists not only geographically, but in the groups of people and the different cultures you encounter throughout this great nation. Experience what the United States has to offer by visiting historical landmarks, geological miracles and other natural and man made feats. Such a trip will provide memories to last a lifetime. So let’s take a road trip together! Join me as we travel through all 50 states and find out what makes America so great!
- Florida Department of State Historical Resources-Kids
- Florida Department of Environmental Protection Kid’s Page
- Indiana Historical Society Fun Facts
- Indiana Department of Environmental Management-Kids Activities and Games
- Hangout NJ, the Next Generation
- State of New Jersey Department of Agriculture “By the Sea” Coloring Book
- Pennsylvania Office of Attorney General, Just 4 Kids
- Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection, Just for Kids
- West Virginia Environmental Education for Kids! (EEK!)
- Underwater Archaeology Kids’ Corner, Exploring Shipwrecks